Rumor Look Once more: Feb. 14 – 20, 2022
Welcome to the weekly Rumor Look Once more, where we check out the rumors from six months prior to now and see which carried out out as to begin with stated. Let’s bounce correct to it.
February 14, 2022
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said it’s taking a look like Sami Zayn vs. Johnny Knoxville for the Intercontinental championship is the plan for WrestleMania 38.
- That used to be as soon as the have compatibility, on the other hand the call used to be as soon as no longer on the line. Sami out of place the belt to Ricochet prior. (1/2)
- Meltzer moreover speculates that Peacock may well be in line to score second day rights to Raw and NXT temporarily, and possibly SmackDown as smartly.
- Taking a look at it, every Raw & SmackDown have episodes from July as their the newest Peacock uploads. (0/1)
- Consistent with PW Insider, Vince McMahon doesn’t assume there are any issues of WWE and its creative process.
- It’s all subjective. Then again given that it seems to have were given upper when he resigned, possibly he’s fallacious on this one.
- Advertisements for post-Mania displays have ended in speculation that Rhea Ripley it is going to be once more inside the Raw ladies’s call scene temporarily.
- Rhea has no longer been once more in that call scene. It appeared to be heading that way a few months later on the other hand then an hurt got in the easiest way. (0/1)
- Within the intervening time, WWE has filed to trademark “NXT: Level Up” and the Observer notes that it may be the new name for 205 Live.
- That’s the case. (1/1)
February 15, 2022
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer indicated that an edited style of the contract signing segment that featured a botched Charlotte Flair/Ronda Rousey spot will air on Friday’s SmackDown.
- They did edit it. If truth be told, one very first time watch, it wouldn’t have gave the impression very good, on the other hand the scrutiny that comprises Twitter made it worse. (1/1)
- Josh Alexander tweeted that his Have an effect on contract and visa to art work inside the U.S. every expired yesterday. The Observer notes he’s open to re-signing with Have an effect on, however as well as reminded that Brandi Rhodes name-dropped Alexander in a up to the moment promo on Dynamite.
- Josh Alexander remains to be with Have an effect on.
- Final week’s Wrestling Observer E-newsletter had updates on some AEW stars who’ve been out simply in recent years. Eddie Kingston is expected to return to AEW this week. He’s been sidelined with a fractured orbital bone.
- He did return this episode. (1/1)
- Kyle O’Reilly used to be as soon as given day without work after the beginning of his child. That’s why he and Bobby Fish had been missing from the Adam Cole/More youthful Dollars storyline.
- Unfortunately, O’Reilly is not too long ago out hurt, as is Cole. Optimistically they’ll be once more temporarily enough to feud with the Elite.
- It’s believed this render of Elias from WWE 2K22 may well be the Randy Savage-inspired look Vince McMahon allegedly nixed ultimate 365 days.
- That looks like Elias wearing his younger brother Ezekiel’s outfit.
February 16, 2022
- On Cody Rhodes, the Wrestling Observer says most in AEW idea the whole lot used to be as soon as top of the range and he would re-sign with the company all the way up until it used to be as soon as offered he and Brandi were leaving.
- I think Cody leaving AEW used to be as soon as some of the greater surprises in recent memory. May have been some of the shockers of the 365 days. Then again now it’s merely an afterthought, overshadowed by means of Vince resigning and the WWE shakeup.
- The word going spherical is there were no issues between the EVPs all over the closing 365 days and problems were in reality beautiful great between they all.
- Speculating regarding the relationship between the AEW EVPs used to be as soon as a favorite speculation of folks.
- PW Insider says WWE first reached out to Steve Austin about doing something at WrestleMania 38 in late December/early January on the other hand there didn’t seem to be so much to it.
- By the use of the highest of the discussions, there used to be as soon as a very good amount to it.
- As well as they are saying that as of nowadays Austin hasn’t devoted to wrestling on the other hand the plan all along has been for him to be a part of the show in Texas in some form.
- He did battle. (1/2)
- Consistent with Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, AEW is being a bit of of additional conservative with regards to its signings until the next TV deal, where they hope to get an building up.
- With new control at Warner causing major uncertainty, we’ll see how the next TV negotiation goes.
February 17, 2022
- After Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian reported taking note of rumblings that WWE used to be hoping Stone Cold Steve Austin’s WrestleMania 38 have compatibility wouldn’t be a one-off, there’s been speculation Austin may well be in search of a Goldberg or Edge-type deal where he works a handful of suits in line with 365 days.
- It does no longer look that way. I’m wondering what selection of suits he might art work at the level he worked at Mania quicker than it didn’t actually really feel as specific, specifically along side his physically stumbling blocks. Or is he this type of huge big name that even at 57, if he were given right here out two instances a 365 days to cut a couple promos the easiest way most efficient he can, it’d nevertheless be very good enough to over come the have compatibility stumbling blocks to not get old-fashioned? (0/1)
- Sports activities actions Illustrated’s document on Cody Rhodes said that Tony Khan taking up all the booking in AEW used to be as soon as an issue between them. Cody spotted that serve as as a “chance to pay homage to his father [Dusty Rhodes] as a booker while moreover further cementing his private legacy. Shedding that opportunity in AEW hurt Rhodes more than any loss he suffered inside the ring.”
- It is a narrative we heard loads – that he expected to have further booking control and losing that changed problems.
- That exact same Justin Barrasso document reiterated that Cody is headed once more to WWE, and speculated he might get began filming return vignettes at the Potency Center this weekend. Barrasso’s belongings indicated that Brandi Rhodes is not expected to join her husband in WWE.
- This is proper on every accounts. Cody returned without Brandi. (2/2)
- In her Elimination Chamber tag have compatibility with Naomi against Charlotte Flair & Sonya Deville, Ronda Rousey must battle with one arm tied behind her once more. PW Insider says the stipulation it is going to be offered on Friday’s pre-taped SmackDown.
- Positive, that’s the case. (1/1)
- AEW has a “working plan” to bring in Good friend Matthews (fka WWE’s Good friend Murphy), in line with Fightful Make a choice. The web site says quite a few talents were urged of the plan ultimate month.
- He ended up inside the House of Black. (1/1)
February 18, 2022
- Andrew Zarian mentioned on We’re Live, Good friend that people on the WWE side were those that first contacted the media to tip them off to the story of Cody Rhodes leaving AEW. Zarian said the WWE guys were “waving their WWE flag in victory” over the scoop, and the celebratory tone used to be as soon as excessive given Cody has no longer signed with WWE.
- Cody being the huge victory, specifically nowadays when his character wasn’t being received smartly, is something. Then again to their credit score rating, they made Cody actually really feel like a huge deal when he returned.
- Any person urged Zarian that Cody used to be as soon as particularly “dissatisfied” with the Forbes’ profile on Tony Khan where Khan took all the credit score rating for AEW’s success.
- Some egos were bruised.
- Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer heard that “twists and turns” it is going to be coming at WWE’s Elimination Chamber 2022 tomorrow in Saudi Arabia. He moreover indicated there’s a push to do call vs. call between Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 38.
- I don’t know about twists and turns, on the other hand that call vs. call have compatibility used to be as soon as the play. (1/2)
- Consistent with Hugo Savinovich of Lucha Libre Online, WWE has fired Carlos Cabrera. He worked on the Spanish language commentary staff for 29 years.
- I’m hoping they didn’t send him his problems in a trash bag.
- WWE Hall of Recognition big name D-Von Dudley said he can in no way battle yet again following spinal surgical treatment that fused his L4, L5, and L6 spinal segments.
- This business takes its toll.
February 19, 2022
- Cody Rhodes’ AEW contract had an selection Tony Khan will have exercised to supply Cody a carry and keep him for two further years, in line with Wrestling Observer E-newsletter. Khan did that with Hangman Internet web page and The More youthful Dollars’ gives, on the other hand an Observer provide speculated he didn’t in this case on account of he knew Rhodes used to be as soon as unhappy.
- That’s very good that Tony didn’t energy Cody to do something that he didn’t want. Most likely would had been a pain to art work with if which were the case, on the other hand nevertheless.
- Some WWE ability urged the Observer they believe AEW has a budgeting issue that won’t be resolved until/till they sign a bigger TV deal in 2024.
- All over again, there are some questions about that deal now with changes at Warner.
- When it comes to other AEW contracts, the WON says Chris Jericho is signed all over the primary week of 2024. Kenny Omega has a 365 days left on his deal. Jericho and CM Punk are believed to be the company’s easiest imaginable paid stars.
- This is good with regard to the most productive imaginable paid stars. Jericho used to be as soon as the huge centerpiece at signing and Punk used to be as soon as the game changing signing ultimate 365 days.
- WWE is planning to run NXT Stand & Send Sat., April 2 at noon ET quicker than evening time regarded as certainly one of WrestleMania 38, in line with WrestleVotes. Speculation from Wrestling Observer Radio and in different places is that Dolph Ziggler vs. Bron Breakker will happen on that show.
- That’s the case. (2/2)
- Consistent with PW Insider, WWE is bringing once more the Saturday Night time time’s Number one Fit brand name after WrestleMania for Saturday space displays.
- Turns out find it irresistible. (1/1)
This week: 13/19 – 68%
Basic: 4,265/7,502 – 56.9%
Have a very good week, everyone!