Aveteran of combined martial arts will tackle a growing contender withinside the predominant occasion of UFC 283 this weekend, as Glover Teixeira and Jamahal Hill conflict to crown a brand new light-heavyweight champion.
At 42, Teixeira have become the second-oldest UFC champion ever while he gained the belt in 2021. But the Brazilian, now 43, misplaced the gold subsequent time out, as he become submitted through Jiri Prochazka, who later vacated the name because of injury.
With the vacant strap on the road ultimate month, Jan Blachowicz and Magomed Ankalaev fought to a draw, main the UFC to transport directly to this match-up among American Hill and Teixeira, who will combat in the front of a domestic crowd here.
Meanwhile, withinside the co-predominant occasion, Deiveson Figueiredo and Brandon Moreno turn into the primary combatants to stand every different 4 instances withinside the UFC, as they unify the flyweight titles.
Figueiredo retained the flyweight gold towards Moreno with a attract 2020, earlier than dropping it to the Mexican of their rematch the subsequent year. In the pairs trilogy bout twelve months ago, Figueiredo regained the strap, earlier than Moreno have become the period in-between champion ultimate summer time season to install a fourth conflict with the Brazilian. Here’s all you want to know:
When is it?
UFC 283 is scheduled to take area at the Jeunesse Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on Saturday 21 January.
The early prelims will begin at 11 pm GMT (3 pm PT, 5 pm CT, 6 pm ET), with the prelims following at 1 am GMT on Sunday 22 January (5 pm PT, 7 pm CT, 8 pm ET Saturday). The predominant card then takes area at 3 am GMT on Sunday (7 pm PT, 9 pm CT, and 10 pm ET on Saturday).
How can I watch UFC 283?
The card will air stay on BT Sport withinside the UK, with the broadcaster`s app and internet site additionally streaming the fights.
In the US, ESPN+ will movement the movement stay, as will the UFC`s Fight Pass.
Teixeira – 10/11; Hill – 5/6
Figueiredo – 4/5; Moreno –20/21
UFC 283 Full card
- Glover Teixeira vs Jamahal Hill (vacant light-heavyweight title)
- Deiveson Figueiredo (C) vs Brandon Moreno (IC) 4 (flyweight title)
- Gilbert Burns vs Neil Magny (welterweight)
- Lauren Murphy vs Jessica Andrade (women’s flyweight)
- Paul Craig vs Johnny Walker (light-heavyweight)
- Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs Ihor Potieria (light-heavyweight)
- Brad Tavares vs Gregory Rodrigues (middleweight)
- Thiago Moises vs Guram Kutateladze (lightweight)
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs Jailton Almeida (heavyweight)
- Gabriel Bonfim vs Mounir Lazzez (welterweight)
- Luan Lacerda vs Cody Stamann (bantamweight)
- Ismael Bonfim vs Terrance McKinney (lightweight)
- Warlley Alves vs Nicolas Dalby (welterweight)
- Josiane Nunes vs Zarah Fairn (women’s featherweight)
- Saimon Oliveira vs Daniel Marcos (bantamweight)